Lead medical writer (Princeton, NJ)
AMICULUM (www.amiculum.biz) is a leading independent global healthcare communications and consulting business, with teams based in New Zealand, China, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA. It comprises an integrated cluster of branded agencies and specialisms, encompassing medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access, rare diseases, digital engagement and advocacy.
In the USA, AMICULUM has teams based in Chicago, IL and Princeton, NJ, and it is currently seeking an experienced medical writer to join its team in either location. The successful candidate will have a strong science background and a desire to develop their career with a successful, independently owned and growing business. Significant medical communications writing experience is required, as is the desire to produce accurate, captivating content on behalf of our clients.
- Lead and coordinate the development and delivery of high-quality scientific content on assigned account(s) within agreed timelines and budgets, and proactively manage workload
- Take responsibility for content developed by themselves and other writers on the account team, ensuring scientific accuracy, technical quality and consistency through effective briefing, reviewing and feedback
- Provide mentoring and coaching to team members
- Build positive relationships with clients and clinical experts
- Gain an in-depth understanding of product and competitor data and keep abreast of scientific developments in relevant therapy areas
- Provide scientific input and strategic insight to clients and internal account teams
Candidates for this role should have:
- A strong foundation in the life sciences: an undergraduate degree in a biological science or similar is required; an advanced degree (MS, PhD, PharmD) is preferred
- At least 5 years of medical writing experience gained within an international healthcare communications agency across a variety of deliverables and therapeutic areas
- Self-motivation and entrepreneurial thinking
- Intermediate/advanced skills in standard business software (eg Microsoft Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- A flexible and proactive approach, with the ability to prioritize and work to tight deadlines without compromising the quality of output
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability and desire to work within a culturally diverse business
In return, we offer a great working environment in our US offices and a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Our benefits are excellent and include an annual personal performance-related bonus, a global profit-sharing bonus, health insurance, life insurance, and a generous vacation allowance.
If you are interested in this position, we are eager to hear from you. To apply, please send us your resumé and a cover letter.