HR business partner
AMICULUM (www.amiculum.biz) is a leading independent global healthcare communications and consulting business, with teams based in New Zealand, China, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA. It comprises an integrated cluster of branded agencies and specialisms, encompassing medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access, rare diseases, genomic medicine, digital engagement and advocacy.
We deliver a first-class service to our pharmaceutical industry clients in a highly collaborative, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment, with little hierarchy and no job titles. Our talented and highly-qualified managers and employees are supported by a professional and friendly human resources team which, due to business growth, now has an opening for an experienced HR business partner.
Main responsibilities include:
- working closely with HR lead to deliver the HR plan in line with business priorities
- being the first point of contact for your client service teams providing expert advice, problem-solving and excellent client service on all aspects of HR practice throughout the employee life-cycle
- coaching and building the capability of line managers to anticipate and pre-empt issues including facilitating delivery of ongoing performance management
- acting as a change agent for internal client teams
- designing and delivering line management workshops and development programmes
- delivering business-critical HR projects
- closely working with the wider HR team to challenge and improve existing processes
- supporting the development of the HR team, including training, coaching and knowledge-sharing
The key requirements for this role are:
- graduate and CIPD qualified
- 5+ years’ business partnering/generalist experience, ideally from international professional services
- confident knowledge of UK employment law and HR process and practice
- unquestionable integrity and discretion with excellent professional and business judgment
- ability to develop trust and excellent working relationships with internal clients at all levels with well-developed diplomacy, listening and influencing skills
- excellent coaching skills and a track record of developing line managers
- a collaborative, pragmatic team player and confident communicator (both verbally and in writing)
- enough knowledge and experience to work independently and pro-actively, organizing and prioritizing own workload to meet commitments
- capable of working at a strategic level but also happy carrying out related administrative tasks with excellent attention to detail
- high level of flexibility and a positive attitude to innovation and change
- willingness to travel to other UK locations, as needed
This position can be based at any of these UK locations: in central Manchester; in Bollington, near Macclesfield in Cheshire; in Richmond, London or at our Summertown office in North Oxford. As well as a great working environment, we offer a competitive salary, dependent on experience and qualifications. Our benefits are excellent and include a personal performance-related bonus, a global profit-sharing bonus, pension scheme, life and income protection insurance, and 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays.
If you believe you are suited to this role, we’d be delighted to hear from you. To apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter.