Experienced medical writer - rare diseases (publications)
Comradis (www.comradis.biz) is an independent healthcare consultancy that specializes in rare diseases and uncommon cancers. We provide industry-leading insights, compelling communications and commercialization expertise to organizations seeking to improve the treatment options for patients with significant unmet medical needs. Comradis is part of AMICULUM (www.amiculum.biz), an independent, privately-owned cluster of healthcare communications agencies with offices in New Zealand, China, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA.
In response to the continued growth of our business, we are creating a new opportunity for an experienced medical writer with publications experience to join our team in the UK. The role can be based from any of our six UK office locations (Dundee, Manchester, Bollington, Oxford, Richmond or Brighton).
- Generate captivating content to the highest standard (quality and scientific) that is aligned with client objectives
- Review work of medical writers and provide feedback to ensure that medical writing standards are consistently achieved
- Build positive relationships with leading clinicians from around the world
- Ensure consistency and quality of output through effective briefing and reviewing
- Work effectively with colleagues to ensure projects are delivered to the highest standards, within agreed timelines and budgets
- Mentor trainee writers and support editorial coordination
- Share knowledge, ideas and best practice with colleagues
Candidates for this role should have:
- 3+ years’ medical writing experience within medical communications agencies and significant experience of delivering publications
- An academic background in biomedical science (PhD and ISMPP CMPPTM qualification desirable)
- Scientific understanding and enthusiasm for healthcare-related topics, particularly in the fields of genomic medicine and rare diseases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to prioritize and work accurately and to client deadlines
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with colleagues to generate creative ideas and new business proposals
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Intermediate/advanced skills with standard business software packages (Word/Excel/PowerPoint essential)
In return, we offer a great working environment and a competitive salary, dependent on experience and qualifications. Our benefits are excellent and include a personal performance-related bonus, a global profit-related bonus, pension scheme, life and income protection insurances, and 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays.
If you believe you are suited to this role, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter.