Experienced medical writer - healthcare communications
AMICULUM (www.amiculum.biz) is a leading independent global healthcare communications and consulting business, with teams based in New Zealand, China, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA. It comprises an integrated cluster of branded agencies and specialisms, encompassing medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access, rare diseases, genomic medicine, digital engagement and advocacy.
In the USA, AMICULUM has teams based in Chicago, IL and Princeton, NJ, and it is currently seeking an experienced medical writer to join its team in Chicago or Princeton. The successful candidate will have a strong science background and a desire to develop their career with a successful, independently owned, and growing business. Significant medical communications writing experience is required, as is the desire to produce accurate, captivating content on behalf of our clients.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating and reviewing high-quality scientific and medical content across a range of written communications, including presentations, publications and digital media
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of product and competitor data
- Keeping abreast of scientific developments in relevant therapy areas
- Building positive relationships with leading clinicians from around the world
- Providing scientific input and insight to clients and internal account teams
- Ensuring consistency and quality of output through effective briefing and reviewing
- Working effectively with colleagues to ensure projects are delivered to the highest standards, within agreed timelines and budgets
Candidates for this role should have:
- A strong foundation in life sciences: an undergraduate degree in a biological science or similar is required; an advanced degree (MS, PhD, PharmD) is preferred
- At least 3 years of medical writing experience gained within an international healthcare communications agency
- The ability to rapidly review complex scientific materials and to identify key messages and learning points
- Intermediate/advanced skills in standard business software (eg Microsoft Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- A high level of enthusiasm for science- and healthcare-related topics
- A flexible and proactive approach, with the ability to prioritize and work to tight deadlines without compromising the quality of output
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability and desire to work within a culturally diverse business
In return, we offer a great working environment in our US offices and a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Our benefits are excellent and include an annual personal performance-related bonus, a global profit-sharing bonus, health insurance, life insurance, and a generous vacation allowance.
If you are interested in this position, we are eager to hear from you. To apply, please send us your resumé and a cover letter.