Editorial team lead - healthcare communications (London)
Comradis (www.comradis.biz) is an independent healthcare consultancy that specializes in rare diseases and uncommon cancers. We provide industry-leading insights, compelling communications and commercialization expertise to organizations seeking to improve the treatment options for patients with significant unmet medical needs. Comradis is part of AMICULUM (www.amiculum.biz), an independent, privately-owned cluster of healthcare communications agencies with offices in New Zealand, China, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA.
In response to the continued growth of our business, we are creating a new opportunity for an editorial team lead with publications experience to join our team in the UK. The role can be based from any of our six UK office locations (Dundee, Manchester, Bollington, Oxford, Richmond or Brighton).
- Oversee the development, delivery and quality of educational materials, within agreed timelines and budgets
- Proactively manage workload and forecast resource requirements to ensure adequate resource to meet clients’ needs
- Review work of medical writers and provide feedback to ensure scientific accuracy and technical quality
- Build positive relationships with clients and clinical experts
- Provide training and mentoring to medical writers within the team
- Contribute to company strategy and business development activities
Candidates for this role should have:
- An academic background in biomedical science (PhD and ISMPP CMPPTM qualification desirable)
- 5+ years’ medical writing experience within medical communications agencies and significant experience of delivering publications
- An in-depth knowledge of GPP, ABPI, and content approval requirements
- Scientific understanding and enthusiasm for healthcare-related topics, particularly in the fields of genomic medicine and rare diseases
- Experience leading and managing writing teams both locally and remotely
- The ability to be self-motivated, with a knack for planning and a willingness to get involved with a range of organizational, financial, and project-related tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a diplomatic approach to dealing with multiple client and team requirements
- Intermediate/advanced skills with standard business software packages (Word/Excel/PowerPoint essential)
In return, we offer a great working environment and a competitive salary, dependent on experience and qualifications. Our benefits are excellent and include a personal performance-related bonus, a global profit-related bonus, pension scheme, life and income protection insurances, and 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays.
If you believe you are suited to this role, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter.