Account manager - healthcare communications
AMICULUM (www.amiculum.biz) is a leading independent global healthcare communications and consulting business, with teams based in New Zealand, China, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA. It comprises an integrated cluster of branded agencies and specialisms, encompassing medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access, rare diseases, genomic medicine, digital engagement and advocacy.
Our business in the USA is continuing to grow and we are now looking for an experienced account manager with healthcare communications industry experience to join our team in Chicago. The successful candidate will have a desire to provide industry-leading client service and develop their career within a successful, independently owned and growing business.
- Providing professional, proactive, and insightful service to clients
- Building positive relationships with clients, developing an in-depth understanding of their needs, processes, and environment to spark objective-driven recommendations to support their brand
- Understanding the best way to deliver a wide variety of projects
- Maintaining timely and clear communication throughout each project to keep AMICULUM and client teams up to date
- Demonstrating effective and efficient teamwork
- Confidently managing finances and timelines, paying close attention to detail
- Tracking individual projects using in-house and client-based systems
Understanding resource requirements at each stage of a project
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably but not necessarily in a biomedical science
- Confident and professional verbal communication skills allied with exemplary written English
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Strong commercial acumen aligned with the critical abilities to multi-task, prioritize, and work to deadlines
- Team-spirited, with an encouraging and creative approach to ideas, combined with an understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and enthusiasm for healthcare-related topics
- Self-motivated, with a knack for planning and a willingness to get involved with a range of organizational, financial, and project-related tasks
- A drive to do things unusually well
In return, we offer a great working environment in the heart of Chicago and a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Our benefits are excellent and include an annual personal performance-related bonus, a global profit sharing bonus, health insurance, life insurance and a generous vacation allowance.
If you are interested in this position, we are eager to hear from you. To apply, please send us your resumé and a covering letter.