Account director - healthcare communications (publications)
AMICULUM (www.amiculum.biz) is a leading independent global healthcare communications and consulting business, with teams based in New Zealand, China, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA. It comprises an integrated cluster of branded agencies and specialisms, encompassing medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access, rare diseases, genomic medicine, digital engagement and advocacy.
In response to the continued growth of AMICULUM’s global healthcare communications business, we are creating a new opportunity for an experienced account director with publications management experience to join our team in the UK. This role will support two of AMICULUM’s specialist agencies, Comradis (www.comradis.biz) and Seques (www.seques.biz), in delivering global medical communications with focus on complex respiratory diseases.
The role can be based from any of our six UK office locations (Dundee, Manchester, Bollington, Oxford, Richmond or Brighton).
- Oversee and take responsibility for managing a broad range of publications projects from briefing to delivery
- Provide clients with high-level scientific, strategic, and commercial expertise on medical communications projects
- Set performance targets with clients and monitor progress on account against targets
- Establish and build on positive long-term relationships with client teams
- Create and manage project budgets
- Lead, motivate and inspire internal project teams
- Collaborate with leading medical experts and AMICULUM colleagues across all offices
- Support business development activities through relationship building and organic growth of accounts
Candidates for this role should have:
- An academic background in biomedical science (PhD and ISMPP CMPPTM qualification desirable) with significant healthcare communications agency account handling experience
- An in-depth understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and relevant compliance/content approval requirements
- Scientific understanding and enthusiasm for healthcare-related topics, particularly in the fields of genomic medicine and rare diseases
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Experience leading and managing multifunctional teams both locally and remotely
- The ability to be self-motivated, with a knack for planning and a willingness to get involved with a range of organizational, financial, and project-related tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a diplomatic approach to dealing with multiple client and team requirements
- Intermediate/advanced skills with standard business software packages (Word/Excel/PowerPoint essential)
In return, we offer a great working environment and a competitive salary, dependent on experience and qualifications. Our benefits are excellent and include a personal performance-related bonus, a global profit-related bonus, pension scheme, life and income protection insurances, and 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays.
If you believe you are suited to this role, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter.