Account director - healthcare communications
AMICULUM (www.amiculum.biz) is a leading independent global healthcare communications and consulting business, with teams based in New Zealand, China, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA. It comprises an integrated cluster of branded agencies and specialisms, encompassing medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access, rare diseases, genomic medicine, digital engagement and advocacy.
To support the continued growth of AMICULUM’s global healthcare communications business, it is creating a new opportunity for an account director to join its team in Chicago, IL. The successful candidate will partner with clients and colleagues to ensure the delivery of a variety of medical communication and healthcare learning assignments, in addition to:
- Providing clients with a high level of scientific, strategic, and commercial expertise on medical communications projects
- Establishing and building on positive long-term relationships with client teams
- Creating and managing project budgets
- Leading and motivating internal project teams
- Collaborating with leading medical experts and AMICULUM colleagues across all offices
- Developing AMICULUM’s team and presence in the USA and supporting business development activities through relationship building and organic growth of accounts
Candidates for this role should have:
- A strong science background with significant healthcare communications agency account handling experience
- Significant experience gained in the healthcare communications sector, both in the US and within global markets
- An in-depth understanding of pharmaceutical clients and compliance/content approval requirements
- The capability to work across multiple therapy areas
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Experience leading and managing multifunctional teams both locally and remotely
- The ability to be self-motivated, with a knack for planning and a willingness to get involved with a range of organizational, financial, and project-related tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a diplomatic approach to dealing with multiple client and team requirements
- Intermediate/advanced skills with standard business software packages (Word/Excel/PowerPoint essential)
In return, we offer a great working environment in our US offices and a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Our benefits are excellent and include an annual personal performance-related bonus, a global profit-sharing bonus, health insurance, life insurance, and a generous vacation allowance.
If you are interested in this position, we are eager to hear from you. To apply, please send us your resumé and a cover letter.