Trainee medical writer
Mudskipper (www.mudskipper.biz) is an established medical communications agency and part of AMICULUM (www.amiculum.biz), an independent and privately owned cluster of healthcare communications agencies with offices in the UK, New Zealand, China, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland and USA that offer value-added services and consultancy to pharmaceutical and biotech companies worldwide.
Mudskipper’s business is growing, so we are now looking for an outstanding trainee medical writer to join our talented team in Richmond, London.
Day-to-day duties include the following:
- Creating high-quality content across a range of written communications items in accordance with the client brief
- Adapting writing style and tone in accordance with the needs of the client and target audience
- Collaborating effectively with colleagues as part of an integrated account team to deliver projects to the expected standard
- Working professionally and proactively with clients and clinical experts
Candidates for this role should have:
- Scientific understanding and enthusiasm for healthcare-related topics; a first degree in a biomedical science; a research-based degree (MSc or PhD) would be preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills– the ability to transform complex scientific information into clear, accurate and engaging content is essential
- Self-motivation and friendly approach when working within a team and with clients
- Brilliant organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize and work to tight deadlines without compromising the quality of output
In return, we offer a great working environment and a competitive salary, dependent on experience and qualifications. Our benefits are excellent and include a performance-related bonus, a global profit-sharing bonus, pension scheme, income protection insurance and 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays. No previous medical communications agency experience is required as you will be joining an experienced team keen to support your development.
If you believe you are suited to this role, we are eager to hear from you. To apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter.