Experienced medical writer - healthcare communications
AMICULUM is a leading, independent, global healthcare communications and consulting business, with teams based in New Zealand, China, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA. It comprises an integrated cluster of branded agencies and specialisms, encompassing medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, value communications, rare diseases, digital engagement and advocacy. In the USA, we have teams based in Chicago, IL and Princeton, NJ.
We are currently seeking an experienced medical writer to join our team in either Princeton or Chicago. The successful candidate will have a strong science background and a desire to develop their career with a successful, independently owned, and growing business. Significant medical communications writing experience is required, and an aptitude for technical writing is essential. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Creating and reviewing high-quality scientific and medical content across a range of written communications including presentations, publications, and digital media
- Adapting writing style and tone for different audiences
- Collaborating effectively with colleagues, external experts, and clients as part of an integrated account team to deliver projects to the highest standard
- A strong foundation in life sciences: An undergraduate degree in a biological sciences or similar is required; an advanced degree (MS, PhD, PharmD) is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to transform complex scientific information into clear, accurate, and engaging content is essential
- At least 3 years of medical writing experience gained within an international healthcare communications agency is required
- Ability to rapidly review complex scientific materials and to identify key messages and learning points
- Intermediate/advanced skills in standard business software (eg, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint); familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is advantageous
- Any experience or training in instructional design or learning and development content would be a plus
- A high level of enthusiasm for science- and healthcare-related topics
- The highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible and proactive, with the ability to prioritize and work to tight deadlines without compromising the quality of output
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability and desire to work within a culturally diverse business
AMICULUM provides a vibrant, creative, and supportive working environment that allows talented individuals to develop and flourish. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Our benefits are excellent and include an annual personal performance-related bonus, a global profit-sharing bonus, health insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a generous vacation allowance.
If you believe you are suited to this role, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send us your CV and a covering letter.