Experienced medical writer
AMICULUM (www.amiculum.biz) is a leading independent global healthcare communications and consulting business, with teams based in New Zealand, China, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA. It comprises an integrated cluster of branded agencies and specialisms, encompassing medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access, rare diseases, digital engagement and advocacy.
In 2016, we opened our New Zealand office with a core of experienced medical writers. Our team is continuing to grow and we are now looking for another experienced medical writer to join our talented team in Auckland.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating high-quality content across a range of written communications items (including abstracts, manuscripts and meetings materials) in accordance with the client brief
- Adapting writing style and tone in accordance with the needs of the client and target audience
- Collaborating effectively with colleagues as part of an integrated account team to deliver projects to the expected standard
- Working professionally and proactively with clients and clinical experts
Candidates for this role should have:
- A first degree in a biomedical science; a research-based degree (MSc or PhD) would be preferred
- Proven medical communications agency experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are prerequisites – the ability to transform complex scientific information into clear, accurate and engaging content is essential
- Ability to use standard business software packages, such as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Strong logic, problem-solving abilities and the confidence to think independently
- A passion for science and healthcare-related topics
- A sense of humour (appropriate training can be provided)
In return, we are able to offer a great working environment and a competitive salary, dependent on experience and qualifications. Our benefits are excellent and include a personal performance-related bonus, a global profit-sharing bonus, pension scheme and 24 days’ annual leave plus public holidays.
If you believe you are suited to this role, we are eager to hear from you. To apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter.